Consumer interest has also triggered a new wave of clinical research. This research supports HGH injections in treating subtle growth hormone deficiencies, including those associated with age. Note that we said “HGH injections.” HGH supplements and other forms of over-the-counter HGH do not work.
News about the benefits of HGH first began appearing in the media in 2008. By 2012, most people were aware stars were getting sculpted abs through the use of growth hormone. CNN, Vanity Fair, the New York Post, the New York Times, the UK Mail are among dozens of media outlets that have reported on HGH used by actors such as Sylvester Stallone to fight age. At the same time, the news was (and is) filled with reports about illegal HGH use in professional sports, suggesting that HGH enhances performance and endurance. In fact, reports about HGH were widespread during the 2006 Olympics. So the media, more than medicine, has made Americans aware that growth hormone has obvious benefits for the people who use it.
Clinical Features of Growth Hormone Deficiency
The symptomatology can be discussed under neuropsychiatric-cognitive, cardiac, metabolic, muscular, and bone symptoms, such as:
- Changes in memory, processing speed and attention
- Lack of well-being
- Social isolation
- Lack of strength
- Fibromyalgia syndrome
- Neuromuscular dysfunction
- Central adiposity
- Decreased muscle mass
- Decreased bone density
- Impaired cardiac function
- Decreased insulin sensitivity
- Accelerated atherogenesis with increased carotid intima–media thickness
- Increased low-density lipoprotein
- Prothrombotic state
- Decreased sweating and thermoregulation
Source: Vishal Gupta, Dept. of Endocrinology, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, India
Benefits of Growth Hormone: Summary
Growth hormone has been called “the fountain of youth” by those who swear by it. HGH has been around since the 1950s, but didn’t get studied in adults until 1990, when synthetic HGH became available. HGH is a protein hormone produced by pituitary. Some of the benefits of HGH are direct and some occur indirectly through mediation with other hormones, like insulin growth factor (IGF-1). But overall, the benefits of HGH can be summed up as follows:
- HGH benefits new protein synthesis, resulting in increased muscle mass, improved tissue and skin repair, skin cell renewal.
- HGH benefits the metabolism of fat and its conversion to energy, resulting in a leaner body and increased energy levels.
- HGH benefits sleep patterns by improving deep REM-sleep, resulting in improved brain functioning, decreased risk of obesity, and better mood.
- HGH benefits libido and sexual performance by interacting with hormones such as testosterone.
- HGH benefits the cardiovascular system, cholesterol profiles, and immune system.
Synthetic HGH mimics human-produced HGH so closely, it has been extremely difficult to detect in sport doping. In clinical practice, this benefit of HGH translates into minimal side-effects and little to no interference with other important “feel and look good hormones,” like testosterone (in men) and estrogen (in women).
The Benefits of Growth Hormone: In More Detail
General Health Benefits of HGH:
Lowers Blood Pressure -
Several studies have shown HGH therapy improves cardiovascular function and lung capacity, resulting in a reduction in diastolic blood pressure by about 10%.
Lowers LDL Cholesterol
- Dr. Daniel Rudman’s landmark clinical study with 12 elderly men demonstrated a link between human growth hormone replacement therapy and improvements in cholesterol, including increased HDL (good cholesterol) and lowered LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. Dr. Rudman’s study was the first to study growth hormone replacement therapy in adults, and it opened the door to an entire field devoted to HRT.
Enhances The Action of Insulin -
A study conducted at John Hopkins Institute demonstrated that HGH regulates glucose levels. HGH enhances the action of insulin and reduces the absorption of glucose by fat cells.
Increases Bone Density
- The loss of bone density found in osteoporosis makes bones lighter and more brittle, leading to increased risk of fractures. A prominent study in the Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism found that out of 500 women in a three-year trial, those who received HGH therapy demonstrated less loss of bone mineral density than women who received a placebo. Other studies have found that HGH is also effective in treating bone less in men. Confirming these results, bone loss occurred when growth hormone therapy was discontinued.
Metabolic Benefits of HGH:
Builds Muscle Mass
- Severe muscle wasting (cachexia) is found in anorexics, cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, and AIDS patients. The body transforms carbohydrates into energy needed to survive, and when enough carbohydrates are not consumed and digested, the body begins to first burn fat reserves and, as fat reserves are emptied, burns muscle. HGH has been so successful in reversing the muscle wasting and loss of immune system functioning occurring with AIDS, human growth hormone is approved by the FDA for the on-label use in AIDS patients.
Increases Lean Muscle-
Human growth hormone not only speeds the repair of tissue, it is androgenic. It improves the ratio of muscle to fat, with the result that the body becomes leaner and more sculpted.
Human growth hormone speeds the metabolism and increases the rate at which the body uses fat for energy.
Increases Metabolism and Energy -
Growth hormone affects protein, lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Growth hormone therapy has both direct effects and indirect effects upon metabolism, with IGH1 playing the role of a mediator. Growth hormone stimulates protein anabolism, resulting increased protein synthesis and decreased protein oxidation (loss), which has a beneficial impact upon both the metabolism and the immune system. These benefits are in addition to the “fat burning” benefits of HGH in the body.
Improves Sleep and Weight Loss
- The connection between growth hormone, obesity and insomnia is well known. Obesity and insomnia often occur together, interrupting the production of growth hormone during nighttime REM sleep, which in turn creates a vicious cycle of greater obesity and insomnia. The use of growth hormone to assist with measures to reduce obesity also improves sleep, and help patients get on track to normal growth hormone levels and a healthy weight.
Sexual Benefits of HGH:
Enhances Libido and Sexual Performance
- Sexual performance and function are at their peak in puberty and decrease in vitality as we age. Human growth hormone levels and sexual libido and performance are correlated. HGH therapy has been shown to restore libido and even sexual performance, if vascular insufficiency is not the cause of the malfunction.
Anti-Aging Benefits of HGH:
Increases Hair Growth
- In a study conducted at Wisconsin Medical College between 1994 and 1996, more that one-third of the 300 study participants receiving growth hormone therapy had observable improvements in hair texture and color, including decreased graying, and many had regrowth of new hair as well as halted hair loss.
Improves Eye Sight
- Insulin growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which is triggered by HGH, is known to be responsible for the development of vision and for playing a role in preventing retinopathy in infants. Clinical evidence related to these benefits in adults is limited, but there is anecdotal information suggesting that growth hormone is also important in adult eye health, and that growth hormone deficiencies are related to the development of cataracts, glaucoma, and loss of visual acuity.
Speeds Cell Regeneration -
Human growth hormone is the big player in the regeneration and repair of skin tissue and as the expediter of wound healing. Numerous studies have demonstrated the wound healing and tissue repair properties of HGH. Professional athletes and bodybuilders use HGH for many purposes, but one of the primary ones is that human growth hormone speeds recovery time, allowing the body to endure greater levels of punishment. The same effects of human growth hormone are seen cosmetically in the appearance of younger, more elastic skin. One of the first benefits of HGH noticed by older adults is smoother skin with better tone and reduced pigmentation (age spots).
If You Are On HGH And Don’t Have These Benefits
First and foremost, if you are on HGH, you should expect to feel better in a matter of weeks, not months. If you do not feel better, then you were either prescribed the wrong dosages or the wrong products. This is more common than you might think. We have seen dozens of patients who went to Mexico, came back with scripts, and eight months later had very little to show for their efforts. They were not benefiting from HGH because they had not been on the right HGH replacement program. Within a matter of weeks we got them on track with a complete hormone replacement program – not just HGH, but testosterone and supplements – and their levels shot through the roof. Many people don’t realize that growth hormone is only one of about 80 powerful hormones in the human body.
You can’t fiddle with HGH, ignore related hormones, and expect optimum results from HGH therapy. HGH deficiency indicates you suffer from a general endocrine imbalance affecting other hormones as well.
Factors such as your blood levels of insulin and cortisol have a huge impact on growth hormone production and secretion, and on the production of IGF-1 by the liver. IGF-1 is directly responsible for many of the same benefits of HGH, and insulin and HGH often work at cross-purposes, so you can see why a script for growth hormone alone won’t give you the same benefits as a bona fide hormone replacement program.
HGH Therapy is under the umbrella of AAG Health and Wellness, the world leaders in hormone management for adults. As the pioneers in treating adult hormone deficiencies to achieve optimal wellness, we are uniquely qualified to help adults of all ages regain a rich, fuller, and more satisfying quality of life. To find out if you are a candidate for growth hormone replacement therapy, please call us at +1.888.583.8889 or complete the contact form and a representative will get back to you.